Monday, December 22, 2008

Noise

This place is so noisy! Of course there are the horns and cows and people yelling and wedding music etc etc etc... But I'm really getting sad every time I hear the bells (and its very often). Apparently when people approach a god in a temple they ring bells to wake him up! It's so sad that there are so many people desperately trying to wake up some piece of wood or plaster or stone while the Living God loves to hear from us!
As well as being sad and annoying it has been an amazing reminder of the privilege of prayer.

Let us then approach the throne of God with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Heb 4:16
Kate

2 comments:

chai blog said...

Hi to you all,
It sounds AMAZING!! I am really enjoying the blog and praying for you as I read each post. Love the pics too. What a contrast between HK and Var! You will certainly have a very memorable Christmas. I pray there will be opportunities for you all to experience and share the "Peace and Joy" that Jesus brings.
Love from Chris Macgeorge, Springwood-soon-to-be-Wetherill Park

St Barnabas' said...

Hey Chai Team...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL !!!

Remember that the same Glory the Angels declared that first Christmas, you all know first-hand in Jesus. In fact you know that Glory better than they did at the time!!! How amazing is that?

Keep proclaiming Jesus - knowing that as you do you honour and Glorify your King among the nations.

merry Christmas
The Freddos