... almost! The sights, sounds, smells (!!) are becoming familiar and I think I can say on behalf of the team that we are all thoroughly enjoying our time here. (It certainly helps that we are all in good health, including everyone who has eaten food offered to us by friendly locals before we have had an opportunity to whip out the hand sanitisers!) The conversations with all the workers we've met so far have been encouraging and inspirational - their dedication, graciousness, hospitality and above all, love for Jesus, is at once humbling and also a challenge to each of us in rethinking our life priorities.
Var is supposed to be 'the holiest city in India' and as I'm sure the rest of India, is a place of great contrasts. We had breakfast in one of the funkiest cafes any of us had ever been in (the ones where you could sit in it all day and they are happy for you to do so)... then walk outside past cows, street vendors touting vegies, cycle rickshaws vying for our business and many many pictures and statues of idols tucked away or staring us in the face.
B & L are unwell so please pray for their health. They have a very full schedule leading up to the Christmas Vegetarian Feast on Christmas day. And please give praise and thanks to our Father for sustaining us thus far; for opportunities to speak to travellers and invite them to the Feast; for more workers for this great harvest in the city of Var and the nation of India.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Veronica
PS. Please continue to provide comments - we are moderating them so don't be concerned if they don't show up immediately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Holiest City in India hey? How does the place feel/appear to you guys spiritually.
Has it been hard seeing so many people oblivious to King J?
God bless to everyone
Steve Freddo
(missed you all on sunday)
Thanks for the updates. We are thankful for your desire to serve in this small way and will be speaking to Dad about you all. Give my regards to B & L
I can so see you, Von, whipping out your hand sanitiser, squirting into everyone's hands before they eat! I can't imagine what one of the "funkiest cafes" must look like. Anything like Blue Star! Hope you've got some pictures.
Just want you to know, team, that i went and saw Twilight with the youth group girls (and Isobel, so it wouldn't seem too weird)...I am only now just recovering!!! Think I'll go get some teeth pulled. Less painful.
We miss you! Wishing I was there.
Peter
Hi to Evan from WNC. I gave an update last night and many are talking to Dad about your trip. Remember about looking through Dad's eyes!
Warwick
Post a Comment